This presentation will reflect on the current Teachers’ Pension Act and do a comparison with the proposed Public Sector Pension Reform. The focus areas will be:
- Treatment of temporary service prior to reform and permanent appointment post reform;
- Contribution of temporary works to the fund;
- Function of trustees of the fund;
- Vesting period;
- Pensionable emoluments;
- Commencement of Government of Jamaica’s contribution to the fund;
- Establishment of the fund;
- Early retirement
- Re-engagement of public officers;
- Refund of contribution;
- Indexation of pension.
The presentation will address the time-table for implementation and the overall effects said implementation will have on the members of the Jamaica Teachers’ Association.